Imagine finding the perfect home, only to discover there is serious interest
from at least a dozen other buyers. It’s like scrambling for the last piece of
cake at a buffet! Yikes
Fortunately, there are things you can do to help get the home you want,
even in a highly competitive market. Here are just a few ideas:
• Only view a few ideal properties at a time. If you see too many, and
thus spread yourself too thin, you risk homes slipping through your
• Be realistic about price. Focus on finding a great home that you can
afford, rather than trying to find a bargain.
• Consider homes that need some work. They get less interest than
perfectly staged properties, yet can turn out to be a dream home.
• Be prepared to make an offer with as few conditions as possible. An
offer conditional on passing inspection is usually fine, but in a
competitive situation, offers with other conditions will likely be turned
• Make your decisions quickly. If there are likely to be other interested
buyers, you want to get your offer in early.
• Make the right offer. To win the deal, you want your offer to be as
enticing as possible to the seller — especially when it comes to price.
Yes, it can be tough finding an ideal home in a hot market, but I can help.
Give me a call and I’ll show you how.